The Oxford Scriptorium
Building a Reader Community at Pusey House Library
Keywords:theological libraries, Oxford, study groups
Pusey House Library is a reference library in the centre of Oxford, UK. It forms part of Pusey House, an independent institution founded in 1884 to keep alive the theological legacy of Oxford Movement leader Dr Edward Bouverie-Pusey (1800-1882). Pusey House offers Anglo-Catholic worship at its Chapel, while the Library and associated Archive are open to all researchers – university-affiliated or independent – who wish to learn about Anglo-Catholicism or simply to enjoy a peaceful, historic study space. The Library holds over 75,000 volumes, ranging from a 1475 incunable originally owned by Dr Pusey to newly published monographs. The specialisms of the collection remain true to Dr Pusey’s personal interests: church history, patristics, liturgy, and doctrinal theology.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Jessica Woodward
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Articles published in BETH Bulletin are licensed under Creative Commons CC-BY-NC.